Saturday 21 January 2012

Good Customer Service

Now all too often we rant on about how badly we have been treated by a company, it was something I learnt on a training package for my voluntary work. You try and think of a company who you have good service from .... Hard isn't it. Now try and think of a company who have upset you through inefficiency, bad aftercare service or just good old rudeness.


My list of bad service is immense, the most recent being Three Mobile, god awful customer service who pretty much called me a liar :-/ not a happy Mrs W after that experience!!!


However when things go right I do try and remember and given recognition for it.


Firstly, the DVLA, we attended their office in Theale just the other side of Reading on Wednesday. We have just bought a new car and needed to transfer the registration from my previous car across. We arrived expecting a huge queue and were shocked to find three people ahead of us. When at the counter we weren't sure what we were meant to do but after a little advice we were told which form to fill out and then our number was put on "hold" until we had done this, so rather than waiting again for a new number to be called you managed to get dealt with quicker. Forms completed, payment made and were told it would be at least seven days until we would be able to complete the transfer process. Today only three days after the forms were submitted we received in the post all the documents, certificates for getting plates made, new tax discs and replacement MOT's. This made the whole experience painless and extremely efficent. To say i am impressed is a complete understatement.


Secondly I recently made an online purchase for hubby's birthday. Now i am unable at this stage to tell you which company it is, just because he reads my blogs and he will know what i have bought :0). I logged onto the company's website, became a member and within five mins had made my purchase. Nothing spectacular i hear you cry ... no maybe not. Yesterday I picked up an email saying it had been despatched ... Yay i thought .... Impressing myself that a full two weeks before his birthday ... yes two weeks !! I would have his present purchased and wrapped ... never in 20 years of marriage has this happened. So there was me thinking Monday/Tuesday delivery .... nope next day ... Saturday delivery ... yes the day when most companies will charge you an additional 40 pounds fee not to guarantee the delivery, the company in question had delivered the boxes. Again very very impressed ....


Both companies consider this normal ... they haven't gone out of their way to impress me, this is what they do. And I like it .... alot !!


Now to other companies out there ... AOL, Three Mobile to name but two who have upset me recently, you could really learn from these organisations. You could have happy less stressed out customers if only you could follow suit, people who would actively advocate the use of your services. I will be telling everyone and anyone who is interested (or not for that matter) about these two experiences because i can applaud the way they have made me, the customer, feel today :0)))

No comments:

Post a Comment