Wednesday 18 January 2012

Decision Time

Well after much discussion and deliberation I am going to attempt blogging.

 I have read various friend's blogs and thought i wonder if i could do that .... after being convinced by my bestest friend and serial blogger @mummybarrow I have now decided to put fingers to keyboard and go for it.

The last 24 hours have all been about BIG decisions.  

I have been off long term sick for 6 weeks now and my employer feels it necessary to do "welfare" checks.  Now normally i would say "oh that's nice" however in the first two weeks, these calls were made daily (even whilst in hospital) , the second two weeks they dropped to fortnightly (this could have been due to the Xmas break as well) and now they now call occasionally and to be honest i have started to "miss" the calls, as they just cause me to fret.  On three occasions supervisors have been to my home address and on the last occasion less than a week ago I began to feel harassed by the whole thing.

So last night when my Team Leader called to re-arrange a "meeting" which i was unable to attend, due to my ill health, I finally snapped and quit!

I am not quite sure what made me do it, fed up of being treated like a child, being called at various hours during the day to check i am OK.  Stupid question really ... no i am not OK, i am off sick.  If i was OK i would be at work?

So now the major "let's find a new job" operation begins.  Now with unemployment figures being released today that makes me slightly concerned that i might become a government statistic, but i would much rather that than go back to a place where my welfare really isn't their main concern, the fact that my bum isnt on their seat is all they are worried about.

So please keep your fingers crossed for me,  today has been my NYE, the day where i ring out the old and make promises which i intend to keep.  Where i try and start afresh and can try and look forward to a positive 2012.







11 comments:

  1. oh Sarah this is an amazing post. I am so proud of you. What an incredibly brave thing to do. I know how this job has been making you feel and the stress it has put you under. I am always here for you and will do all I can to help you find a new job.

    And keep blogging, you have a fabulous writing style. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely xx Well it is all down to you that i have started this, so i will see how long it takes to bore you stupid

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your job search. Well done on your very first blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! Great first post. A similar thing happened to me years ago when I was off for a month and kept getting annoying phone calls from my employer. I think they were checking up on me and in the end I resigned!

    I'm also a huge pet lover; have 4 dogs (all working sheep dogs), 2 cats, 35 hens and hundreds of sheep! I also have a lot of police officers in the family - my brother, his wife and my brother-in-law. Oh, and I'm 42. Seems we might have a bit in common, lol. Nice to meet you via Mummy Barrow.

    CJ x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are so kind :0) We had chickens up until December, but that can be another blog post .....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to our world Sarah! Beautiful post!Good luck in anything you want to achieve!
    And i already have a question for you. Tonight i was trying to find a widget that allows me to reply individually. i see that you already achieved that in your first day. How did you do it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On blogger it just has it ... i really didnt do anything, i am a pure novice lol ... Thank you for your kind comment too x

      Delete
  6. Really? mine doesn't seem to have it...weird.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your job search and I look forward to Reading your blog!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations you. A brave but absolutely fabulous decision. New life here you come...

    That perfect job will come your way because you deserve it and are free to accept it..

    Xx

    ReplyDelete