Sunday 20 January 2013

Pet Hates

Now I managed to confuse my daughter when I tweeted this recently, she asked what the cat had done to upset me ....  I had to explain to her what I was talking about ..

I have several pet hates but my top three are:

In third place ... people bemoaning about Facebook users posting pictures and updating when on holiday or doing fun stuff.

Err hello, isn't that the point of FB, it's a social media site.  It's about showing our friends and family far and wide what we are doing and where we are?  I am confused if you don't like it un-friend me.  One female who used to pick on me school made such a song and dance several years ago about me uploading my holiday pics whilst away that I had to block and delete her following the barrage of abuse ... there is just no need !!



In second place .... people who don't recycle ....

Why everyone isn't doing it in this day and age is beyond me.  Our landfills are full to bursting point and putting cardboard paper, cans, bottles and plastic in when they can be reused just infuriates me.  I live in a row of four houses.  I recycle everything and anything.  I have four boxes for each type of product, we put peelings, egg shells, boxes, cut flowers and tea bags in the composter.  This means each week we have one black bag approx half full with unrecyclable stuff.  Between three adults I think this is pretty awesome.  However all three of my neighbours homes place out three plus black bags each and not one recycling box between them .... one word describes them ... lazy !!



And top of the shop, my biggest pet hate ... Noisy eating

Last week at work the woman I sit opposite managed to make her bag of crisps last 20 mins.  she crunched and munched her way through the bag and in the end I had to get up and leave my desk as I just couldn't cope with the noise level.  It's not just crisps, could be breakfast cereal or pork crackling to name another two that tip me over the edge :0)  All of these made much worse if the person consuming the food eats with their mouth open .... but then thats a whole new pet hate ....



Go on then tell me what are yours ??

4 comments:

  1. Spitting in public and dropping litter. Absolute ultimate pet hates. I've even found myself tutting at a bloke built like a brick outhouse. Can't stand it!

    Not a fan of noisy eating either. My daughter really makes a point of chewing her gum. Grrrrr.

    CJ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you on the spitting and littering .... they are both in my top ten !!

      Delete
  2. That's why I never go to the cinema anymore, the sound of people eating popcorn and crisps, and the smell, eww, so revolting and distracting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the loud eating. I don't like anything that's loud. Plus, I just don't want to partake in someone's culinary experience.

    ReplyDelete